- Blazing Performance
- Great Help & Support
- Supports All Major Platforms
Intel Security Group, formerly known as McAfee Incorporated, is security software corporation in America founded in 1987 by John McAfee. Its headquarters is located in Mission College Boulevard, Santa Clara, California, United States. Its product portfolio includes data protection, database security, email and web security, mobile security, network security, endpoint protection, Security SaaS, as well as security information and even management. Intel security is known today as the largest company dedicated to security technology.
John McAfee founded a company in 1987 and named it as McAfee Associates. He resigned in 1994. In 1997, it merged with Network General, Helix Software and PGP Corporation and assumed the name Network Associates. It was restructured in 2004 with Remedy’s acquisition of Network Associates’ Magic Solutions. It was later sold to Network General, which reverted the name of the company back to McAfee to emphasize its focus in producing security software.
Since February 2011, however, McAfee has been owned wholly as a subsidiary of Intel. In 2014, Intel confirmed its plan on dropping the McAfee as a brand.
McAfee security products are available for use in personal computers or laptops, server devices and recently, mobile devices.
- Performance. In In factoring performance, usability and protection, McAfee is superb software based on the tests performed by AV-Test. On a test given to determine the functionality of a computer when the antivirus program runs, it was found out that a computer slows down by a second compared with three seconds of down time in other anti-virus programs.The protection results also reaped excellent performance when McAfee software was exposed to 165 samples of new malware. McAfee anti-virus program was able to stop 98.9 percent of the malware compared with 98.2 percent of the industry average programs. In addition, McAfee was able to halt each sample of malware it discovered weeks before the commencement of the test.
- Help & Support. McAfee now offers knowledge bases, community forums and Frequently Asked Questions on its site. These forums are for McAfee employees and customers to engage in conversations about product issues. These forums are easy to find as they are categorized according to topic and product. There is also the support 24/7 in which a technician is available through a telephone call. On weekdays, the site holds live chat.
- Comprehensive device licenses for major platforms. McAfee antivirus plus product has limitless device licenses for devices run on Windows, Mac, iOS and android operating systems without additional cost for added license. This feature alone makes McAfee product to stand out as there is no other product that has the same licensing feature.
Once you have subscribed for its license for one year, you can install the McAfee antivirus plus on as many devices as you have without additional cost.
The antivirus software does not come with password manager.
Operating system supported:
- Microsoft Windows 10 (32- and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32- and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8 (32- and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7, Service Pack 1 (32- and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Service Pack 2 (32- and 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows XP, Service Pack 3 (32-bit)
- Apple Mac OS x 10.8 or later
1GHz or higher
Apple Computers with Intel processors
- Windows 10, 8, 8.1: 2 GB RAM
- Windows 7 and Windows Vista: 1 GB RAM
- Windows XP: 513 MB RAM
- OS X: 2 GB RAM or higher
Free hard disk space
- 500 MB or higher for personal computers
- 300 MB or higher for Mac computers
The price ranges from £49.99 to £79.99