- Firewall performance
- Ease of Use
- Help & Support
Norton Internet Security is a product developed by Symantec Corporation, an American corporation organized in the United States of America with headquarters in Mountain View, California. Symantec Corporation develops software for storage, security and backup and availability. There are also professional services offered by the company in support of its software.
The Norton Internet Security provides security from malware and its removal during the subsistence of subscription. It utilizes heuristics and signatures to determine and identify the viruses. The products are available as download, a compact disc enclosed in a box, and in OEM software. However, there are retailers who sold the product through USB flash drive.
Norton Internet Security is a product first developed by Peter Norton through Peter Norton Computing Company, which was acquired by Symantec in August 1990. Before the acquisition, Peter Norton Computing already specialized in developing several applications especially for DOS and the application included an antivirus.
After the acquisition, Symantec continued developing such technologies and this time, the products are labeled as Norton from Symantec.
Top Three Features
Norton Internet Security developed by Symantec Corporation has similar features as Norton 360 but without PC tune up, restore and backup. In addition, the Norton 360 comes with 2 GB online storage, which is not available in Norton Internet Security. On the other hand, the Norton Internet Security provides security modules in dual firewall software.
- Firewall performance. Norton Internet Security has basic to intermediate levels as far as its firewall functionality is concerned. It blocks, filters ports and scans for any threats. It also conceals IP addresses.
- Ease of Use. Norton Internet Security is truly easy to maneuver. It makes the product sensitive to modes and the condition of the computer, and such makes the software protective without disrupting the user. For instance, its scanning task begins when the computer is not in active. If the user is watching a video or film or otherwise playing a game on full-screen, its alerts and updates are suspended.In addition, no update is done when the user is burning discs or watching TV on a computer. When the computer is on low-battery, it defers all activities that use much energy until it is connected to a power socket.In uninstalling the software, Norton Internet Security ensures the process is also easy by giving the user an option whether to retain preferences, settings and password or to remove the software.
- Help & Support. Symantec Corporation ample resources for subscribers such as videos, 24/7 support system through email, telephone or chat. There is also an interactive forum hosted by Symantec through YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
Norton Internet Security is able to revive unbootable computers infected with viruses and malware.
Norton Internet Security’s firewall is not impressive.
Operating systems supported:
- Microsoft Windows XP (all 32-bit versions) with Service Pack 3 or later
- Microsoft Windows Vista (all versions) with Service Pack 1 or later
- Microsoft Windows 7 (all versions) with Service Pack 1 or later
- Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 (all versions)
- Microsoft Windows 10 (all versions)
Mac Operating Systems supported:
- Previous two versions of MAC OS X and later
Android Operating Systems supported:
- Android 2.3 or later
- Android 4 or later
iOS Operating Systems supported:
- iOS 7 or later
- iOS 8 or later
Price ranges from $59.99 to $89.99 with free trial versions.