- Malware Blocking
- Solid Protection
ZoneAlarm is a corporation that develops software for Internet security. Established by Zone Labs, which Check Point Software Technologies LTD acquired in 2004, ZoneAlarm’s products are mainly a firewall security, which includes in-bound intrusion detection system and control ability which the consumers can use in creating outbound connections.
In 2015, ZoneAlarm included in its product portfolio Extreme Security Product that guarantees 100 per cent virus-free computer system.
Check Point Software Technologies LTD is an international company founded in 1993 in Ramat-Gan, Israel by Gil Shwed, its Chief Executive Officer as of 2015. Its specialization is to provide software and a combination of hardware and software products to secure the Internet. These include endpoint security, security management, data security and network security.
With headquarters in Tel Aviv, Israel, the corporation employs around 2,900 employees across the globe. Its development centers include California for ZoneAlarm, Sweden and Belarus. The company maintains offices in the United States of America such as San Carlos in California and Dallas in Texas; as well as offices in Sydney Australia and Ontario and Ottawa in Canada.
The company’s product is founded on stateful inspection, which became its core technology and was launched on its first ever product, the FireWal-1 and followed by VPN-1, which is the world’s product in VPN. It was said that the founder of the company had been developing the concept for his company while he was serving in Israel Defense Forces in the latter’s classified networks.
Top Three Features
Check Point’s ZoneAlarm 2016 product is a combination of antivirus and firewall. Though its product appearance has not changed from its previous edition, its latest product includes firewall and identity and data features. On a high side, this year’s edition has one difference does not make it mandatory for users to change your search engine and homepage as well as to install a tool bar (third-party), justifying such modifications are part of ZoneAlarm free edition. But with the tool bar comes the anti-phishing feature.
- Malware Blocking. ZoneAlarm does an excellent job in providing real-time protection for component scanning. On the free edition, it scans each file on write or read access, including a minimal access that happens when the Windows Explorer shows a file. If you upgrade to the professional edition however, you have the option to set the scan to start only when there is a necessity, a program is launched, a file is opened or when you select its Smart mode.
- Firewall. ZoneAlarm controls what the Internet and network connections are allowed for every program. Its approach is two-folds. It configures automatically permission for programs located on its online database and on its sensitivity level (default), it does not screen every program.
- Solid protection. Kaspersky provides its free edition and it sufficiently provides a solid protection. However, its pro edition has few advanced features.
It has a powerful firewall component that can resist attacks, credit monitoring, identity protection and 5GB of online backup (hosted).
Its free edition Kaspersky does not provide comprehensive, although solid, protection.
- Windows 8 and 8.1
- Windows 7 Service Pack 0 and 1
- Windows XP Service Pack 2 and 3
RAM: 2 GB RAM for Windows Vista, 8 and 8.1
Processor clock: 2 GHz
Free disk space: 250MB